Monday 15 February 2010

Alice and Olivia

Bonjour Blogettes,
As you probably know, many designers are showcasing their Fall 2010 Ready To Wear collections. I was browsing on style.com at some of the designers and clicked on Alice + Olivia, as the dress in the main picture really caught my eye, and woah - this collection is amazing!




It has some sort of an Alice in Wonderland theme, mixed in with subtle touches of the 1920's, which I love.
In the first picture, its like a modern twist on a 20's flapper dress. It isn't too outrageous, but you would definitely make a statement wearing this dress. Continuing the 20's theme is the cardigan in the third picture, which screams authentic Chanel. You could just imagine her wearing something similiar with a silky nightdress, some form of hat with feathers on it, a lush pair of pumps and of course - pearls.
The outfits have that unmistakable Alice in Wonderland charm, I mean look at those hats!
Its as if Alice has stolen the Mad Hatter's hat and funked up a whole outfit around it.

Out of all the Fall 10 collections, this is got to be my favourite.
It would be hard to change my mind, as I think I've fallen in love with this range, but you never know - some other designer could change my mind.

Katie x

7 comments:

  1. hello katie and diana! just came across your blog and your posts are so interesting!:)

    alice+olivia is also one of my favourites:) its so pretty and whimsical!

    hope you girls can show me some love/follow me at my site as well:)

    <3
    eden
    http://chicinthetropics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a magical sollection!
    i love your blog, plz visit me
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous collection, yes I love the Alice feel to them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love alice in wonderland, love feathers love the top hats! :) great post!

    Vicki xo

    Http://magpie-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This I such a lovely collection... I adore alice and olivia also one of my bezzies is called olivia alice Johnston :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore you for featuring Alice + Olivia. If I could choose one designer to have an entire closet full of, it would be A + O - I love their collections far too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cool blog
    www.gossiptipsfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete