Friday 19 February 2010

Top Trends For Spring!

With Spring, comes the start of a new life; animals are born and flowers grow.
It could also bring the start of a new you.
Reinvent yourself with some of the trends for this season.




Above are just some of the many looks that are going to be big this forthcoming season.
I'll work my way from left to right, explaining each of these key trends to you.

1st Look - Florals.
As usual for spring, florals are back in. Whether they are so tiny that they hardly look like flowers, or so big that they cover the complete item in one go - florals are still a key look this season.

2nd Look - Denim.
This season, denim is bigger than ever - not just in the form of jeans or skirts, but dresses, shirts and waistcoats. The massive trend though is two toning denim. For example, by doing this you would be wearing a very light denim jacked with a pair of dark, indigo jeans.

3rd Look - Nautical.
Yes, the sailor look is back in too, but different than the last time. This time round, the nautical look works around stripes in the 3 main colours for this theme (red, navy and white), rather than vest tops bombarded with anchors with high-waisted shorts. This theme is mainly in cardigans or 3/4 length sleeved jumpers, which you can see in almost every highstreet shop.

4th Look - Pastels.
Personally, I've never been very keen on pastel-coloured clothing. I find that they make me look quite wishy-washy, as I'm very pale skinned. However, one colour that does look good on pale skin similar to the pastel colours is coral (like the dress featured above) as it is quite a warm shade. For those who want to give pastels a go, I'd advise matching your eye colour with the shade you want - it really makes your eyes stand out.

5th Look - Bodysuits.
Nude tones, silk, lace - it doesn't matter what colour or material it is, as long as its a bodysuit.
We first seen this look on Madonna, then Lady Gaga revamped the whole look and now you can buy them in your local Topshop, or any other highstreet shops. I find that bodysuits rock in many different looks together as you can buy them in many different colours, styles and even materials. They are brilliant for layering up on too, you can just keep adding and adding to them to create a unique and chic look.

6th Look - Accessorise.
The more, the better according to recent style updates. Over sized bags and clutches are must haves this season; over sized anything really. Also a key look (which I forgot to include in the picture) are statement hairbands. Oh yes, its all about accessorizing the hair this season and making a statement by wearing a hairband. I really like this trend, as you could wear a really plain outfit and jazz it up a bit with a really cool hairband.

I've covered, what I consider to be, the best of Spring 2010's hot looks.
Hope this has helped you decide what to wear next season.

Katie x

10 comments:

  1. that military jacket is effing awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all your tips and will defo be using them this season!! thanks!! hehe i was amazed to find another boosh fan!! love it xxjoyus

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog,veryh helpful post too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! i like the military jacket too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally head over heels on the nautical and floral trends!

    PS: you have a sweet award on my blog!

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I really love the nautical and floral themes! I just wish a good nautical themed jacket didn't set me back $250.00!

    Great post

    + pixelhazard has moved to www.brightgreenlaces.com due to FTP blogger issues. Hope I'll still be seeing you there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to all of the above! I'm currently most obsessed with pastels (especially blush and nude tones) and denim/chambray. Great list, darling!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all for bodysuits. If it was socially acceptable I'd wear that and nothing else. But alas, I am not lady gaga :'(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome summer trends tips. I'm drooling all over that jacket!

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete